Struggle to design and carry out a vision for your life?
Find yourself living day-to-day without a plan and feeling like you’ve lost your focus?
DISCOVER some inspiring TIPS on how to DEVELOP A VISION for your FUTURE:
- ALLOW TIME to FOCUS and REFLECT on YOUR LIFE.
– PONDER how far you’ve come.
– IMAGINE where you’re headed.
– DEVELOP your life’s vision.
– Don’t be too hard on yourself.
- OPEN YOUR MIND.
– SURVEY your life. NOTE: This might be a rather daunting process.
– FULLY-ACKNOWLEDGE what’s happened to you.
– DETERMINE whether you are on your desired track.
Despite being a challenge, the end result can produce an amazing, tailor-made life for you.
- WRITE IT DOWN.
– Think about what you’ve accomplished up to this point.
– What are your goals?
– It will inspire detailed thoughts about your life experiences.
– Still working toward your goals? Why or why not?
- BE HONEST WITH YOURSELF about any SELF-IMPOSED DIVERSIONS.
– What choice prevented you from continuing your plans at the time?
– Looking back, what do you feel are your biggest setbacks?
– Were some choices wise? Why do you feel they were?
– Do you feel you are more in tune with what you really want? How so?
- HAVE A VISION.
– Do you have a vision?
– If so, does it still work for you?
– Is it in alignment with your authentic self or is it misaligned?
It is vital to be honest with ourselves. If necessary, create a new vision from where you are now.
- LIFE-WHEEL CATEGORIES.
– Consider what are the most important and create your visions/goals in each life area.
– Where are you headed?
– What do you want the future to look like in each area?
– What areas are the top priorities based on your overall vision and direction?
- SET GOALS.
Make a new list of your current goals and desired outcomes for the future.
Example: Maybe you want a promotion at work. What must happen for it to occur? Create the mini-goals necessary to help you meet your main goal of getting that promotion. Leave nothing out. For example, if you need to complete two college classes, include those as goals.
Check off each smaller goal you accomplish as you work toward the larger, overall goal. It will feel great when you do.
- POST YOUR LIFE ASPIRATIONS IN PLAIN SIGHT.
– Put them on your mirror, refrigerator, Smartphone, electronic pad, and bulletin board.
– Put a copy by your favorite chair in the living room where you can re-read them often.
In short, ensure your vision is right in front of you much of the time.
- CREATE A VISION BOARD.
– Use photos from magazines and write inspiring words related to the photos you choose to place on your board.
Your vision board is a graphic reminder of what you are working toward every day.
- LIVE IN “THE RIGHT PLACE.”
– Does your current home location meet your employment, personal, and financial needs?
– Is it possible to achieve your goals there? If not, consider your options.
– Are you willing to move away? If so, include on your goal list everything you must do to get ready to move.
- MAKE YOUR LIFE VISION A PRIORITY.
In order to live out the vision you’ve developed, you must keep your vision at the top of your priorities.
When making decisions in the future, consider options that will support your life vision.
Developing your life vision will take time, reflection, and work, but the rewards will be great.
Your life will be filled with passion and optimism once you develop your vision.
Start creating your vision today!